Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Could someone explain this?

Ok - I be confused. I just watched a show on PBS on human evolution. (Actually,in my defense, my wife was watching - I happened to be in the room). The theory was big swings in the climate, drove evolution. Some of these climate swings were very quick - hundreds of years.

There were examples of places in Africa that went from arid, to flooded, to a lake, back to arid, in the space of 1000 years. Huge structures, made of microscopic ocean animals, in the middle of a desert.

Now - these same types of 'scientists' are trying to convince me that my SUV is causing the minor temperature changes in the last 100 years. Do these guys not talk to each other, to get their stories straight?

I mean - one group says that I need to change light bulbs to save the planet. The other group is telling me that natural, huge, cyclical changes in the climate drove our evolution from apes to humans. This was, one must remember, prior to the industrial age.

Can these both be true? I am just dense? Did I miss something?

Perhaps not....This was, after all, PBS.

No comments: