Thursday, September 17, 2009

I have a question

For all the Democrats and Liberals out there who are certain that the current criticism of Obama has its roots in racism - could you please help me out?

I hope that you would agree that it is possible to have honest disagreements with Obama on his policy positions. I would remind you that Obama, just yesterday, said exactly that. If you do not agree that honest disagreements are possible - wow!

Ok - since honest disagreements ARE possible, here is my question to you:

How would one go about expressing such a disagreement WITHOUT you drawing the conclusion that it is, in fact, based in racism? Is there some 'magic' word that one would have to utter, or avoid uttering, to pass your 'racism' test?

We know that you cannot say, as Joe Wilson, did - 'You lie!'. We know this because Maureen Dowd said that she detected an unspoken addition to the statement. What she heard was 'You lie, BOY'! I was really amazed. I listened to the Wilson comment several times. I did NOT hear the 'BOY' part of the comment. Maybe I am just tone deaf.

So, we have established the simple declarative 'You lie' is, at least to Ms. Dowd's finely tuned ear, racist.

So, again, I ask: In 2009, how does one voice disagreement with the Messiah on the substance of his policy WITHOUT triggering your racist radar?

Feel free to leave a comment if you have a solution to my query.

No comments: